Frequently Asked Questions about Howie’s Recycling Services
If you don’t see your question here please contact us with your question, and we will be glad to answer it.
- How do I sign-up for service?
You can call our office at (785) 776-8352, Monday thru Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. or Saturdays 8 a.m. to noon. You can also sign-up online with a complimentary 96-gallon rolling can.
- Where do I send my payment?
Payments can be sent to Howie’s Trash Service at 625 S. 10th St., Manhattan, KS 66502 or pay online.
- What if I have extra trash that won’t fit in my can?
We will take occasional extra trash for no charge. The extra trash needs to be bagged or bundled and set next to the trash can.
- Is there anything that you will not pick up?
No hazardous waste such as chemicals, paint, tires, etc. No furniture or large bulk items (including carpet and other construction debris) will be picked up without prior arrangements made with our office. Please call (785) 776-8352 to schedule a special pick up as payment must be received prior to the driver picking up the item(s).
- When and where do I need to set my trash can?
Your trash should be set out by 6:00 am the morning of your pick up day. The trash can needs to be set at the curb or end of your driveway.
- Why should I consider recycling?
- Recycling eases the landfill burden.
- Recycling saves energy and natural resources.
- Recycling reduces litter and contributes to a cleaner environment.
- You get paid for it!
- Is there a minimum amount of material I can bring into the center?
You may bring in any amount of material, but to be paid for your non-ferrous metals there is a five pound minimum.
- What if some of my material is not acceptable?
The workers in the center will help you with any questions you might have. You can also contact our office at (785) 776-8352 with any questions.
- How long must I wait for my money?
The entire recycling transaction from start to finish normally takes less than 10 minutes.
- May I donate the proceeds of my recyclable materials to a special project in the community?
Yes. We will set up an account for any group that contacts the center with this type of request.